[11-10-2016, 13:43:50]

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 582
  • stats Total Posts: 36795
  • stats Total Topics: 3096
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 107
  • stats Most Online: 943

Author Topic: "Open de España Blokart 2013" AGRADECIMIENTOS  (Read 3240 times)

Sant de Mon

• Usuario
  • Derrota tras derrota hasta la victoria final!
    • www.abb.blokart.org
  • Blokart: E-3
  • clase: blokart, RC
  • club/asociacion: ABB-AEB-VMG-Lokaku-EBA-NABSA-NABX-BKT-C4Kite
  • IRCSSA: E-4
  • Skipe: blokartspain
"Open de España Blokart 2013" AGRADECIMIENTOS
« on: 24-10-2013, 07:22:27 »
"Hola Santi and Norma,

We are about to go to the airport at 12.00 and get on the big bird to NZ.
Thank-you so much for sharing your life with us and introducing us to your beautiful island. It is good that we did not se too much as there is plenty for us to come back to.

It was great to meet all of the team and race with the big guys in production . I have learned some more about sailing when you go back to the basics. One thing I have learned is that I really like performance….hah!.
It will be great to meet with you all again and sail together.

Please extend our gratitude to all of the guys and your are all so welcome to visit with us. Tina and I loved our time with you and the kids and made us more home sick for our little ones also

Can you tell me if you want more of the shadow safety skins now you have seen it and I will send them to you.  I will sponsor them to you. Can you send me Jullian and Gabby Email and Maunuel and Issabels email also

I have had Matt put into Ronalds new air shipment a new set of four brackets for Santi Armenguals' long-set  plate that I broke.  so they should be to him in a couple of weeks. So I will have Ronald post it to you.

Special attention;  When I said the maori proverb I had two in my mind and in the emotion I said the wrong one and later realised, even though it was good. I said "Kia Kaha" which is "Be strong"

The one I meant to say is, Hé tangata,  Hé tangata, Hé tangata……. "its the people, its the people, its the people! 

Our love and best thoughts to all in Spain and on Mallorca…………..  Muy-bien……….

Adios till we meet again. 

PB&T"

Sant de Mon

• Usuario
    • www.abb.blokart.org
Re:"Open de España Blokart 2013" AGRADECIMIENTOS
« Reply #1 on: 24-10-2013, 08:19:17 »
Esta es parte de la impresión de Paul para sus compañer@s kiwis a su llegada a casa tras un mes y medio por Europa

"Hi To all,

Tina and I had a great time in Europe visiting and sailing at Weston Super-mere in the UK for the European open on the beach,  The event was very well organised and went smoothly when the wind played the game.  There are some great reports on the BLSA site and others on Facebook no doubt.

So for the sake of time I will focus on our trip to "The Spainish Open" on the beautiful Island of Mallorca at Son-Vent which is a private airfield owned by Santi Oliver. Sited just out of the small village of Benisalam which is surrounded by olive groves, almond orchards and vineyards which were subject to obligatory wine tasting by the marauding sailors wives…..no commitment at all!? ……...  All this about 25 minutes from Palma airport.

The Island is also becoming the No1 destination for cyclists and triathletes as the roads are generally pretty flat with low traffic volumes and breathtaking sceneray with lots of ancient villages and Cafes.

Accomidation is very affordable at the nearby home stays and on site in the future.

It was great to see the Spanish team again after spending time with them in the UK at the European Open

"The Spanish blokart Machine in Spain" has received great media and support from local suppliers and industry with wine and beer available to the thirsty competitors

The Spanish Open was held in this setting with forty contestants sailing in production and performance and Karts shared with the visitors that did not bring their kit with them.

The sailing course was set on the airfield which was hard rolled surface of 250 X 80 meters windward leeward course using the near gate as the finish line.

For the first time to my knowledge of blokart sailing we set a course as in the recent Americas cup Racing .The Race directors being Peter Bresnan and Javier Estrallis encouraged by "yours truly", set a 30 meter wide gate at the top and bottom of the 250 meter long course and after an initial hint of scepticism it was a hit with all sailors once they understood the concept. (Treat the gate like a football goal passing through the gate and out either side)The rounding marks were uncluttered and competitors could enter on either tack  and exit onto either side of the course making the best use of course and wind available. The racing went perfectly in this format and will be endorsed by me whole-heartedly wherever the venues allow it. Check out the U-tube videos on the event.

We would go back to Mallorca in a heartbeat as the weather is pristine and the scenery and 1000 year history of the place is amazing.  The Spanish people are lovely and so laid back and their hospitality, Fair-Play and good humour are qualities to be admired.

The city of Palma is beautiful and not so big so is at a laid back pace.

Barcellona on the mainland was an eye-opener with all of the Art-deco architecture on The Ramblees (Walking street) and the Sagrada-famillia cathedral by Gaudi (still under construction) and the Gaull Park and gardens with his art design and mosaic works were an absolute overload for the senses. An absolute must for the bucket list. The philosophy of his work is astounding for the time he lived.

So to the People of Spain and those on Mallorca I could not recommend a better bunch of people, even if the language barrier was difficult for me at times. I was caught saying "Good morning God" to one who will go un-named, he thanked me for my respect and put me straight. 

bienos-dias,…...muy-bien……..Adios amigos

Many more stories to relate at another time
Great to be home
Best regards to all

PB & T"

Sant de Mon

• Usuario
    • www.abb.blokart.org
Re:"Open de España Blokart 2013" AGRADECIMIENTOS
« Reply #2 on: 24-10-2013, 12:00:22 »
Por mi parte, quiero agradecer aquí a tod@s, l@s que se han podido desplazar y a l@s que no, por participar de este circo rodante que solo es posible gracias a lo que tod@s aportais... no importa el que, material, conocimiento, actitud, motivación, apoyo, respeto, cariño... en definitiva de los recursos de los que disponeis en ese momento.

Cuando los pilotos agradecen a la "organización" del evento, yo me encojo de hombros y recuerdo que no es solo un rosario de llamadas, desplazamientos y/o trabajo físico de un montón de gente... que hay muchísimo más trabajo y esfuerzo realizado durante años por un montón personas de un montón de sitios que nos ha puesto en un corto plazo de tiempo en lo más alto a nivel deportivo y social, convirtiéndonos en avanzadilla y referente de una filosofía que está calando en todo el planeta.

Agradezco la suerte de haber vivido lo suficiente para ser testimonio de como se van cumpliendo los sueños de mucha gente, de como alrededor de una actividad que se vuelve secundaria cuando las personas tienen la relevancia que se merecen, se forman, crecen y forjan amistades que no conocen de distancias, fronteras ni idiomas. Veo como quedan grabados para siempre recuerdos de alegría en gente humilde que lucha por salir adelante en tiempos que son difíciles para much@s y agradezco a tod@s aquellos que comparten esos momentos cazados en forma de fotos, textos o vídeos para que los que no estuvieron presentes también formen parte de ello.

Agradecer también tooooodos los regalazos recibidos, desde el arte maorí de parte de los Beckett, hasta el pedazo de cometa Virus de los Lau o la muy especial bandera pirata de Biel que forman junto a otros muchos ya, parte del tesoro que va acumulando la ABB... pero mi recuerdo más íntimo, como me suele suceder, es para tod@s aquell@s que no han podido estar fisicamente y quisiera dedicarles a ell@s el éxito de este Open de parte de tod@s los que estuvimos y yo, personalmente, le quiero dedicar toda la energía positiva acumulada en este evento al tito Maño para que disponga de ella cuando le haga falta, fuerza O0